The situation in Italy, Venice and Veneto: an update and overview
Italy developed a system based on color tiers with increasing and decreasing restrictions according to the pandemic situation. Tiers are white, yellow, orange and red from the better to the worse situation.
Veneto and Venice are located in the WHITE zone. In the white zone, only face masks mandatory and social distancing are applied, without curfew or restrictions on catering.
Some restaurant capacity limits remain confirmed, with tables of up to 6 people if inside, unless they live under the same roof, and for sectors such as sporting events or shows.
- Mask is mandatory inside and outside in case of gatherings, otherwise outside not mandatory anymore.
- Museums, galleries, collections and archaeological parks open: advance booking is recommended, but in most cases mandatory, especially on Saturdays and Sundays, because admissions will be limited.
- Cinemas, theaters, shows and concerts: green light but only seats one meter apart and with reservations required. Capacity of the rooms 50%, maximum 500 people indoors; outdoors up to 1000.
- Churches: they can be freely visited during their opening hours, which can vary from church to church. Celebrations and masses take place with spaced places.
- Movements between regions and passes: free movement between “white” and “yellow” regions; for the “red” or “orange” ones, a negative swab certificate in the previous 48 hours is required, vaccination certificate performed no more than 6 months before, certificate of recovery from the virus for no more than 6 months. Self-certification, on the other hand, is sufficient to move for reasons of work, health and necessity.
- Visits to relatives, friends and acquaintances: no limitations for visits to relatives or friends but parties are prohibited. In the white and yellow areas it is also possible to move outside the region; in the orange zone within the municipality; forbidden visits in the red zone.
In Venice, therefore, the above rules apply. Venice in detail:
St. Mark’s Basilica: visits to the Basilica resume with the purchase of the ticket at the gate after waiting in line; on Saturdays and Sundays at the church of San Basso, in front of the north gate of the Basilica, where you can purchase also the ticket for the bell-tower and for the San Marco Museum, which allows access to the Basilica’s internal upper walkways and to the terrace on the first floor where the horses are located. The service to book in advance will soon be active on the website www.basilicasanmarco.it
Church 9:45 – 17 (Sunday and holidays 14-17). Bell-tower 9:45 to 21:15.
Guggenheim Collection regularly open with reservations required – Sunday to Monday from 10am to 6pm. For visits on weekends, reservations are required at least one day in advance.
Gallerie dell’Accademia open Monday from 8:15 am to 2:15 pm, the high days 8:15 am to 7:15 pm.
Biennale of Architecture: Closed on Monday except Sept. 6 and November 1st. 11-19 until July 31, then 10-18, ticket purchase in advance mandatory.
Civic Museums of Venice: Palazzo Ducale and Correr every day, the others only from Thursday to Sunday.
(1 to 6 June everyday).
Palazzo Ducale every day from 10.00 to 18.00 (last admission at 17.00).
First floor of the Correr Museum, every day from 11.00 to 17.00 (last admission at 16.00)
St. Mark’s Library Monumental Halls: everyday 11-17.
Archeological Museum: everyday 11-17.
Ticket to the St. Mark’s museum includes all of the above.
Ca ‘Pesaro – International Gallery of Modern Art from Thu to Sunday from 11.00 to 17.00
Murano Glass Museum from Thu to Sunday from 11.00 to 17.00
Burano Lace Museum from Thu to Sunday from 12.00 to 16.00
Palazzo Mocenigo Museum from Thu to Sunday from 11.00 to 17.00
Ca ‘Rezzonico – Museum of the Venetian eighteenth century from Thu to Sunday from 11.00 to 17.00
Natural History Museum Giancarlo Ligabue from Thu to Sunday from 11.00 to 17.00
Carlo Goldoni’s House Museum from Thu to Sunday from 12.00 to 16.00
Clock Tower in St. Mark’s: Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun at 2PM and 3PM, guided tour and reservation needed.
Fortuny Palace: temporarily closed.
Naval Museum: Until November 1 Fri-Sat-Sun 11-17. Ships Pavilion temporarily closed.
Grassi Palace: closed for maintenance, reopening ETA after Summer.
Pinault Foundation at Punta Della Dogana: everyday 10-19 except Tuesday, closing day.
Scuola Grande di San Rocco (Tintoretto paintings): everyday 9:30 – 17:30, booking not necessary. Church of San Rocco closed due to renovations.
Frari Basilica: everyday 9 – 18 except Sunday and holidays 13-18. Admission fee 3 Euro. Altarpiece by Titian covered due to renovations.
Ss. Giovanni and Paolo Basilica: 9-18, Sunday and holidays 12-18. Admission fee 3,50 Euro.
Salute Basilica: everyday 9:30 – 12 and 15 – 17:30. Sanctum Mon to Sat 10-12 and 15-17; Sun 15-17.
Visit to the island of S. Francesco of the Desert in the northern lagoon: line 12 from Fondament Nove stop to Burano in 45 minutes, then boat service by Laguna FLA Group – Call Mr. Massimiliano 3479922959 for the boat reservation. Visists 9 to 11 and 15 to 17, closed on Monday and on the St. Francesco festivities of Sept. 17 and Oct. 4 in the morning. Free offer.
Island of S. Servolo: Line 20 from S. Zaccaia stop. Museum of the mental asylum requires a reservation. Guided tours under the management of Biennale.
Island S. Lazzaro of the Armenians: everyday, booking required, 1st shif 9:45 – 11:45, 2nd 13:45 – 15:45, 3rd 15:45 – 17:15.
Island of S. Giorgio, Cini Foundation: reservation online at www.visitcini.com.
Cini Palace: Fri to Sun 12-20, booking recommended online at
The above times and the situation are purely for indicative purposes and may undergo variations, it is always advisable to check from official sources.
Where to get a COVID-19 test?
VENICE AIRPORT MARCO POLO VCE
Quick test – Terminal Ground floor everyday 8AM to 1PM – 35 Euro – No booking required
Molecular test PCR – Terminal Ground floor everyday 8AM to 1PM – 100 Euro – No booking required
VENICE AIRPORT MARCO POLO VCE P4 PARKING – DRIVE IN TEST
Quick test: every day 8AM to 8PM – No booking required – 35 Euro
Molecular PCR test: Everyday 8AM to 8PM – Booking not required but recommended by email at email@example.com
Results in Italian and English – Service by SET SERVIZI EMERGENZA TERRITORIALE – INFO +393510054707